Day of Surgery
- Remember not to eat or drink anything unless you have special instructions from the preoperative nurse.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. If you are having a cataract operation, please wear a short sleeved, button down shirt, if possible.
- If you are diabetic, please check your blood sugar and bring the result with you. Hold insulin or oral hypoglycemic pills unless directed by your physician; however you may wear your insulin pump.
- Use your inhalers as per usual and bring your rescue inhaler or nebulizers with you.
- Do not wear contact lenses. If you wear glasses, please bring a case with you.
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home. Body piercings must be removed prior to arrival or have been replaced with a plastic retainer.
- Children may come in their pajamas and bring a favorite toy or stuffed animal with them. If applicable, you may also bring a special bottle or drinking cup. Please bring an extra pair of underwear or diaper as well. All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must remain in the Center for the duration of the visit.
- Female patients are requested not to wear makeup, nail polish and hair pins. Please refrain from using hair spray, gel, or other hair products.
- If you have a medical device implanted please bring your device ID card.
- Please remember to bring all completed paperwork given to you by your physician’s office.
- You will need your insurance cards and a photo ID, such as your driver’s license. Parents are requested to know their child’s social security number unless already given to their physician. You should also be prepared to pay any co-payments or deductibles, if applicable.
|Monday:||06:15 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||06:15 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||06:15 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||06:15 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||06:15 AM - 05:00 PM|